INVESTIGATION OF PLACER GOLD IN BASAL
CONGLOMERATE OF VINDHYAN SUPER GROUP IN
HARDI AND BAGISOTI AREAS, DISTRICT SONBHADRA
The area lies in Survey of India toposheet
& 63 P/7. Basal Conglomerate of Vindhyan Super Group is exposed in Hardi, Charkighaghia and Bagisoti areas of DistrictSonbhadra.lt is exposed in 4 Km. Strike length in Hardi, 750 m in Chakighaghia and 500m in Bagisoti area. A subunit of Basal Conglomerate named Pebble Conglomerateis auriferrous and 6-20m thick in Hardi area and directly overlies Jhirgadandi granite which occurs as intrusive in Mahakoshals. Thin beds of Argillaceous quartzite and breccia are interbanded between Pebble conglomerate in Bagisoti area Basal Conglomerateoverlies gneissose granite andphyllites of Mahakoshal.
(GOLD BEARING ROCK)
Collection of 66 stream sediments, 25 pan concentrates was done in 30 Km2 areas of Hardi and
Charkighaghia which have shown 0.002 to 0.098 ppm and 0.003 to 4.3 8 ppm of gold.
* Pan concentrates 8samples from Bagisoti area have 0.06 to 0.67 ppm of gold. Analytical results of rock
samples from Charkighaghia has 0.10 to 0.34 ppm of gold.
* 50 to 100 Kg of material of some trenches was panned and analyzed which has shown 0.002 to 0.323
ppm of gold.
* Rock sampling at 1.00 metre t o 0.50 metre interval was done by cutting grooves.
Analysis of these samples shows 0.003 to 0.80 ppm of gold.
* The prime use is in electronic products and equipments in which contacts are electroplated with a
very thin film of gold using gold potassium cyanide (GPC), often called plating salts.
* Dental gold is the second important sector. Gold is used in dentistry as gold wires, gold crowns and
gold leaf.Gold used in jewellery and embroidery.
* Visually, the most spectacular use of decorative gold is gold leaf, which has been used for centuries to
adorn the domes or ceilings of public buildings.
* Gold also, used in industrial and medical ion lasers that use gold-coated reflectors to focus light
* Surgeons use gold instruments to clear clogged coronary arteries. Injection of microscopic gold pellets
helps retard prostate cancer in men.
* Some forms of cancer are treated with colloidal gold and the gold isotope, Au-198 (half-life: 2.7 days).
* Lasers with gold-coated parts literally give new life to patients with once-inoperable heart conditions.
* Gold chloride is used as a catalyst in organic chemistry as the usual starting point for making other
* White gold (an alloy of gold with platinum, palladium, nickel, and/or zinc) serves as a substitute for